Itinerary for One Day Tour (English speaking guide)
08:00 A.M. MEETING POINT ON THE INDEPENDENCE SQUARE (MAIDAN/NEAR HOTEL KOZATSKIY)
- SoloEast's staff will meet you at 08:00 a.m. at the departure point, check passports, dress code, etc. If you need to be picked up at your location we can do that too - just let us know.
- Drive to Chernobyl with passing Dytyatky checkpoint (on the border of the 30-km Exclusion Zone). We show you an informative and stunning documentary you'll like during a 2-hour ride.
- Entry to the 30km Exclusion Zone. Meeting your guide (if a guide doesn't come with you from Kiev).
- On the way to the town of Chernobyl we see a small abandoned village Cherevach and the largest village of the Chernobyl area, Zalissya.
- Arrival to Chernobyl. Introductory briefing on the Exclusion Zone administrative division and regulations, RAW disposal, etc.
- Sightseeing Chernobyl town: Wormwood Star memorial, St. Ilya Church, Memorial "To Those who Saved the World" (temporarily not available), photo stop at the place with robots and vehicles used to clean the radioactive fallout.
- Entry to the 10 km Zone by passing Leliv checkpoint.
- On the way to the Power Plant we stop at almost fully buried Kopachi village and check it's kindergarten which we can enter.
- The third stage of the ChNPP (uncompleted reactors # 5, # 6, and unfinished cooling towers).
- Sightseeing new sarcophagus of Reactor #4 from a 270 m distance.
- Stop near the Red Forest and Pripyat road sign(temporarily not available).
- Sightseeing Pripyat town: Lenin Street, the main square, the palace of culture, Polissya hotel, supermarket; Ferris wheel, the stadium, school, swimming pool, hospital, etc. Important. Entering the buildings in Prypiat is off limits.
- Drive through the tiny part of western radioactive trace.
- Important -Duga 3 (so called "Russian Woodpecker", military over the horizon radar and it?s base called "Chernobyl 2") - IS OPEN FOR VISITS AGAIN
- VISITING THE RADAR IS A PART OF OUR REGULAR TOUR
- Passage through Leliv checkpoint. Radiation control before the lunch.
- Lunch at the Chernobyl canteen - all ingredients are brought from the outside and ecologically clean. A vegetarian meal is available upon request.
- > Final check out at Dytyatki checkpoint. Compulsory radiation control.
- Return back to Kiev anywhere between 7:00 p.m. - 7.30 p.m.
- Availability and sequence of the locations and facilities may vary due to reasons out of our control, like unscheduled maintenance in the zone, weather as well as organization of the group of the visitors.